Welcome to the Institute for the Future of Aging Services, a policy research institute housed within the American Association of Homes and Services for the Aging. Our mission is to create a bridge between the practice, policy and research communities to advance the development of high-quality health, housing and supportive services for America’s aging population. The Institute provides a forum for professionals, policymakers and the public to explore and foster policies and programs that will meet the needs of an aging society through the development of healthy aging communities. http://womenshealth.gov.
Publication of the Week -- Managing Nonprofit Organizations by Mary Tschirhart and Wolfgang Bielefeld
From the publisher: This essential resource offers an overall understanding of nonprofits based on both the academic literature and practitioner experience. It shows how to lead, manage, govern, and structure effective and ethical nonprofit organizations. Managing Nonprofit Organizations reveals what it takes to be entrepreneurial and collaborative, formulate successful strategies, assess performance, manage change, acquire resources, be a responsible financial steward, and design and implement solid marketing and communication plans.
Click topreview this book on Amazon.com.
Tech Tip of the Week -- Using Screenshot in Office 2010
Screenshot -- a new feature in Office 2010 -- allows you to capture images from your screen.
· In the Illustrations group, click Screenshot
· To add the whole window, click the thumbnail in the Available Windows gallery
· To add part of the window, click Screen Clipping, and when the pointer becomes a cross, press and hold the left mouse button to select the area of your screen that you want to capture
· If you have multiple windows open, click the window you want to clip from before clicking Screen Clipping. When you click Screen Clipping, the program you are working in is minimized and only the window behind it is available for clipping
· After adding a screenshot, you can use the tools on the Picture Tools tab to edit and enhance the screenshot