Common Impact is a nonprofit organization that connects skilled professionals from global companies to high-potential local nonprofits. Common Impact 's employee engagement programs match employee-volunteers with nonprofits that need help overcoming key business challenges. This innovative approach to corporate community service enables companies to realize a positive return on their social investment while building stronger teams and developing employee skills. At the same time, this access to private sector talent enables nonprofits to amplify their impact on the constituents they serve. Ultimately, Common Impact 's work helps foster stronger communities wherever those companies operate. For more information, go to: http://commonimpact.org/about.
Publication of the Week -- How to Write Successful Fundraising Letters, with CD, 2nd Edition by Mal Warwick
From the publisher: You'll learn all the essential components of writing for success from this go-to book for writing for fundraising! Mal Warwick, the nation's premier letter-writing tutor and direct mail expert, shows you the essential tools for making your direct marketing program a success. He gives you both general advice about the most effective direct mail strategies and specific guidance. Learn his step-by-step model through all the critical stages -from laying the groundwork for a prosperous campaign through the importance of thanking donors. Includes new chapters on E-mail solicitations, monthly and legacy giving and free downloads on josseybass.com.
- Gain insight into current trends in the field with updated cases, samples, and examples
- Access more content for small to medium NPOs with limited budgets and resources
- Learn the latest technology with new sections on typography and lay out
Resource of the Week – Pro Bono Readiness Roadmap
The Nonprofit Collaborative, consisting of Points of Light, the Taproot Foundation, and Common Impact, was initially convened by Capital One in February 2011. The Collaborative came together to identify, organize and share resources that will help the nonprofit sector be ready to engage in and benefit from pro bono professional services. By bringing these three organizations together, the hope is to identify and assess existing pro bono readiness support, understand areas of additional need, and encourage efficiency by reducing redundancy. As a response to the initial convening, over the past year the Collaborative identified the strategic value in building out a Pro Bono Readiness Roadmap to index the existing resources and services that support nonprofits in navigating how to become ready to engage in pro bono consulting services. The Roadmap will allow nonprofits nationwide easy, online access to navigate resources from Common Impact, Points of Light, and Taproot Foundation, among others, to help them prepare for pro bono services. For more information, go to: http://readinessroadmap.org.
Tech Tip of the Week -- Using Screenshot in Office 2010
Screenshot -- a new feature in Office 2010 -- allows you to capture images from your screen.· Click the document that you want to add the screenshot to
· Click the Insert tab on the Ribbon
· In the Illustrations group, click Screenshot
· To add the whole window, click the thumbnail in the Available Windows gallery· To add part of the window, click Screen Clipping, and when the pointer becomes a cross, press and hold the left mouse button to select the area of your screen that you want to capture
· If you have multiple windows open, click the window you want to clip from before clicking Screen Clipping. When you click Screen Clipping, the program you are working in is minimized and only the window behind it is available for clipping
· After adding a screenshot, you can use the tools on the Picture Tools tab to edit and enhance the screenshot